activemq-users mailing list archives

From jdemic <john.de...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ and Linux NFS
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 15:08:49 GMT

Hey All,

I'm attempting to setup activemq in a master/slave configuration as follows:

http://activemq.apache.org/shared-file-system-master-slave.html

I'm setting this up ontop of redhat es3 using the shared journal on an NFS
mount.  When i start the slave, the following occurs:

faultPersistenceAdapterFactory - Journal i locked... waiting 10 seconds for
the journal to be unlocked.

This seems like the appopriate behavior (ie, the slave is spinning on the
lock waiting for it to be released.)  The issue is, however, that activemq
exits after an hour and a half of so of attempting this.  I'm not sure if
the issue is due to some interaction between java and nfs locking or an
issue with activemq.  Curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks,
-jd