activemq-users mailing list archives

From ttmdev <>
Subject Re: Jms Destination lifetime question
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 02:59:08 GMT

I am doing the following:

1. I start a broker with persitent="false" and no destinations defined in
it's xml cfg file.
2. I then start a producer that looks up a queue, called Q.REQ, via the
Context.lookup() approach
3. The producer sends 20 messages to the queue called Q.REQ w/delivery mode
4. The producer exits
5. I bounce the broker
6. I then bring up my consumer, which looks up the Q.REQ via
Context.lookup() and it successfully read all 20 messages

So it appears to me that destinations do outlive a restart of the broker
even w/out persistent messaging.