activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Blob Message is a skin game??? not real ?!??
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:56:38 GMT
On 8/13/07, OnlyLove <> wrote:
> I send the blob message using...
> BlobMessage message = session.createBlobMessage(new
> URL("http://localhost:8080/test.pdf"));
> then, I close the tomcat server, and try to get the message from the amq
> broker,
> fail ! (it seems that the blob message just send the url to the broker, but
> not the real data of the file!)

This is by design. If you create a blob message using a URL, the
assumption is that the URL points to some hosted file server / web
server and that is where the data will remain.

If you want ActiveMQ to actually take ownership of the data, then
create a BLOB message using a File / InputStream as the command
argument. See the JavaDoc.

also the documentation explains this

View raw message