activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do you set the maximum number of consuming threads?
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 07:14:57 GMT
On 8/5/07, Shane Harvie <sharvie@thoughtworks.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to do a performance comparison between JRuby JMS (using
> ActiveMQ) and ruby ActiveMessaging.  See this
> http://beechbonanza.blogspot.com/2007/07/performance-of-jruby-jms-messaging.html"
> link  and the comments for what I have so far.  My problem is that I'm not
> really comparing apples with apples.  I need to match the number of threads
> that ActiveMQ opens up to call the message handler, with the number of
> pollers in ActiveMessagaging.  So my question is how do you set the number
> of consuming threads in ActiveMQ

Normally thats a factor of how many connections you create (generally
you need only 1) and then how many sessions you create for consumers -
as each session generally has its own thread to process messages. (Its
actually a thread pool, but you get at most one thread per session
used for consumption)

--
James
-------