activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bob Buffone" <rbuff...@nexaweb.com>
Subject RE: Questions regarding AMQ (AJAX and AjaxServlet)
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:36:25 GMT
I ran into the same problem; I forgot to add the activemq-web-x.x.x.jar
file.

Here is the servlet mappings that I used.

  <servlet>
  	<servlet-name>amq</servlet-name>
      <display-name>amq</display-name>
  	<description></description>

<servlet-class>org.apache.activemq.web.AjaxServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>amq</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/amq/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

Hope this helps.

Bob (Buffone)

-----Original Message-----
From: JohnFish [mailto:johnfish@arkonet.gr]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:56 PM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Questions regarding AMQ (AJAX and AjaxServlet)

Hi guys. I am just a beginner in JMS applications and I just discovered
AMQ.
I need to write a JAVA daemon that will post messages from a database
(in
frequent intervals) and a web page will consume them. The problem is
that I
need ajax functionality to update a news list on the fly.

I have some questions regarding my approach:
1) I have OpenJMS installed. Will Ajax with AMQ work? (just the ajax
functionality)
2) Can I produce message from a non-web app (a server service to be
precise)
and consume them in a web app?
3) I tried pointing my browser to localhost:8080/project/amq aiming to
reach
the AjaxServlet but I get:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.activemq.web.AjaxServlet

Thanks in advance