activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ or Qpid?
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 06:26:06 GMT

The AMQP protocol has only been adopted by a small number of new
messaging vendors - so far.  I'm not certain how existing messaging
vendors are going to be convinced its in their interests to support
it yet and currently the AMQP protocol is still stabilizing.

Have written or been involved in a number of messaging systems
(including ActiveMQ) they all seem to follow the same pattern:

1. Get basic messaging functionality for non-persistent messaging  -
days to  a couple of weeks
2. Introduce basic persistence - weeks to months
3. make it scale - months to years.
4. clustering/high availability - more years.

ActiveMQ is currently on stage 4.

Messaging is extremely complex, and takes a long time to get stable,
as its usage is so varied - but I think ActiveMQ is just about there
(I am biased).

cheers,

Rob

http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/