activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Lim <j...@exist.com>
Subject Re: message expiration and 5.0.0 snap shot version
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 04:20:44 GMT
hi

Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru) wrote:
> Hello Active MQ users/developers ,
>                       Our application is currently using Actiive MQ
> 4.1.1 version.   We have an embedded broker  in Tomcat 5.5 , without
> persistence , durable subscribers and Topic publishers , with a time to
> live of 5 minutes for the messages. I have observed that messages when
> not consumed remain even after 5 minutes. This is know bug AMQ-1112. In
> the JIRA bug tracking tool it is specified that this bug  is fixed in
> 5.0.0 snap shot. If  I upgrade to  5.0.0  snap shot ,  will I  get the
> needed functionality  without any major issues in  the usage of (durable
> susbcribers , topic publishers , no persistence, embedded broker ).

Unless you're tied up to jdk 1.4, I don't think there's going to be any
major issues here with regards to the features you mentioned. FWIW, some
of the major improvements in 5.0 includes use of Java 5, message cursors
for persistent messages , different store format for some store
implementations and a bunch of bug fixes.

> Please let me know.  Our application will go into production in
> beginning of next month.
>
> Also what is the difference between a  release version and  a snap shot
> version ?? is release version more stable ?

I would not necessarily consider a release version as more stable than a
snapshot. A snapshot version  includes a list of  improvements/fixes
that's committed after a release was made.

> When is the 5.0.0 release version scheduled ?

Hopefully soon  :-)