activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tom Samplonius <...@samplonius.org>
Subject Re: Socket Woes
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 02:49:34 GMT

----- "Elliotte Harold" <erharold@gmail.com> wrote:

> >   There are known bugs in Stomp in 4.1.1.  And there were some
> issues with
> > sockets not being cleaned up properly.
> >
> >   I would re-test with a 5.0-snapshot.
> >
> > Tom
> >

> Could you elaborate on these? This may also apply to some issues the
> python
> folks on my team have been having.

  There is a large archive of messages on socket issues.  It is impossible to miss.

  The worst issue for me with Stomp in 4.1.1, is that you can't apply passwords to queues/topics.
 The Stomp connector always ignores the password and gives you full access.  This issue is
not even fixed in the 5.0-snapshots yet, but there is a patch.

> --
> Elliotte Rusty Harold
> erharold@gmail.com

Tom