activemq-users mailing list archives

From "tom@hostwebase.com" <...@hostwebase.com>
Subject How to clean up memory used by activeMQ
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:53:39 GMT

I have heap memory error. It seems that the memory being used by ActiveMQ
isn't released.
Is there a way that we can tell ActiveMQ to clean up the memory after it
used.

I need some help and suggestion on what to do with my heap memory problem.
I am having similiar problem with other users except my messages size are
bigger (I don't believe it will make any difference whether the messages
size is
bigger or smaller the HEAP ERROR will occur when the memory reach the
physical
memory.  Due to the fact that ActiveMQ won't release the memor properly).

What I want to know is there a way to control the memory usage?
In other words how to get the memory queue to clear out the memory after
the comsumer receive the messages.

We have 4 gigs of RAM and the heap memory setted to 2048Mbytes and the
memory
keep filled up and up and then the heap error occurs.

Can any one shed some light on this issues please

Thanks much,
Tom