activemq-users mailing list archives

From JohnFish <johnf...@arkonet.gr>
Subject Questions regarding AMQ (AJAX and AjaxServlet)
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 03:55:42 GMT

Hi guys. I am just a beginner in JMS applications and I just discovered AMQ.
I need to write a JAVA daemon that will post messages from a database (in
frequent intervals) and a web page will consume them. The problem is that I
need ajax functionality to update a news list on the fly.

I have some questions regarding my approach:
1) I have OpenJMS installed. Will Ajax with AMQ work? (just the ajax
functionality)
2) Can I produce message from a non-web app (a server service to be precise)
and consume them in a web app?
3) I tried pointing my browser to localhost:8080/project/amq aiming to reach
the AjaxServlet but I get:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.activemq.web.AjaxServlet

Thanks in advance