activemq-users mailing list archives

From manishbel <manish...@yahoo.com>
Subject NPE while consuming messages
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:14:38 GMT

I have a consumer that's consuming messages at about 6msgs/sec and after i
sent about 15000 messages i got the following exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.LinkedList.addBefore(LinkedList.java:635)
        at java.util.LinkedList.addFirst(LinkedList.java:153)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.beforeMessageIsConsumed(ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java:649)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.receive(ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java:487)

When i looked at the code it's trying to add the message to the top of a
linked list. this list also seems to be modified when the message is
acknowledge so it looks like more of a concurrency issue.

Has anybody encountered this issue? If so please let me know if there's a
way to resolve this or if there was a fix for it? currently we're thinking
of trying to restart the receivers when the it gets an exception.

Manish.