activemq-users mailing list archives

From VisorX <y.pa...@nihilent.com>
Subject Why queue messages are delayed
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:18:48 GMT

Hi just started to explore activemq followed sun's jms tutorials using amq.
But I'm still confused as why the messages delivered to queue are not
getting retrieved immediately.
I'm using:

AMQ 4.1.1 as embeded broker in Spring 2.0 web application inside tomcat 6.0.
Using mysql 5.0 for persistance.
The client is another web application in different tomcat (v5.5).
I post messages upon some event to embeded queue, and retrieve in client
using non-blocking receive(int delay);

The problem is messages are delivered but it takes sometimes 30-40 seconds
of delay for the client to retreive message.

Please note that by delay I'm not speaking about blocking call. I check and
retreive messages non-blockingly. It's just that if a messages is posted and
I fire-up client then it shows in first 10-20 hits to broker.