activemq-users mailing list archives

From denez <iboud...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Error on starting QueueConnection
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:26:56 GMT

Hi all,

I would like to start a broker and Activate a MessageListener on startup of
my webApp.
I made all the needed configuration to have a ServletContextListener.
I can debug inside my ServletContextListener implementation named :
ActiveMQBrokerStartListener.
You can see the code of it below :

public class ActiveMQBrokerStartListener implements ServletContextListener {
     BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
     QueueConnection qc = null ;

     public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent arg0) {
        try{

broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616?trace=true&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=-1");
               broker.start();
               Context ctx = (Context) ic.lookup("java:comp/env");
               ActiveMQConnectionFactory cf =

ActiveMQConnectionFactory)ctx.lookup("jms/ConnectionFactory");
               qc = (QueueConnection) cf.createQueueConnection();
               qc.start() ;
               QueueSession qs = qc.createQueueSession(false,
Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE) ;
               Queue q = (Queue)ctx.lookup("jms/batch");
               QueueReceiver qr = qs.createReceiver(q) ;
               qr.setMessageListener(new Receiver()) ;
        }catch(Exception e){
               System.err.println(e.getMessage());
               e.printStackTrace();
               throw new RuntimeException(e);
        }
     }

     public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent arg0) {
        try{
               qc.close() ;
               broker.stop();
        }catch(Exception e){
               System.err.println(e.getMessage());
               e.printStackTrace();
               throw new RuntimeException(e);
        }
     }
}

I place a breakpoint on the line that should create a QueueSession.
But never enter in it. If i place a breakpoint on the ligne that
createQueueConnection i have it.
So the problem is on the qc.start() ;
If i inspect the QueueConnection i can see that the started=false as normal.

What is wrong on my code ?
Could you help me, or tell me what you think about this ?

Regards,
Denez