activemq-users mailing list archives

From vkumar <vasan...@gmail.com>
Subject consumer crash and access to messages that were pre-fetched
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2007 01:35:28 GMT

In the event of a consumer crash due to either hardware or some other
reason, the messages that were pre-fetched are lost and are not retrieved by
the other consumers. Also, the consumer count for the particular queue
reflects that the "crashed consumer" is still connected. Is there any way to
clear the dead consumer and put back the pre-fetch messages so that other
consumers can get to them? I could set the pre-fetch size to be zero, but I
don't want to loose the performance advantage of pre-fetch.

I am sorry if this has been already addressed in the forum, but I couldn't
find it in the FAQ.

Thanks,
vasant