activemq-users mailing list archives

From Elber <shah...@hotmail.fr>
Subject Priority vs Exclusive
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 13:29:32 GMT

Hi,

I've done some tests of consumer priority and exclusive and I found that if
I start 2 consumers on the same queue (the first with a priority = 2 and the
second =1), the first will consume all messages.
It's the same thing whit consumer.exclusive.
So what's the difference between the 2.

I've read the doc and it explained that priority is used to avoid network
Hops, it can't be used to allow to one consumer to consume 80% of messages
and 20% for the other?

Syntax:
queue=new ActiveMQQueue("TEST.QUEUE?consumer.priority=2");
queue=new ActiveMQQueue("TEST.QUEUE?consumer.exclusive=true");

Thank you.