activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From j0llyr0g3r <timo.roess...@wincor-nixdorf.com>
Subject Re: openwire ok, but when using stomp i get: Wire format negociation timeout: peer did not send his wire format.
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:39:15 GMT

Hi Tim,

thx for the hint.

I don't know why, but somehow i thought that activemq would use some kind
auto-negotiation mechanism.....:-)

Now i added a new connector on a different port like you said:

<transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>

But if i use a connector like that one, isn't specifying the wireFormat in

tcp://172.18.117.126:61613?wireFormat=stomp&transport.useAsyncSend=false

redundant? Because i already specified the wireFormat in the url-connection
"stomp://" ? 


Tim Bish wrote:
> 
> You need to add a transport connector to the broker for stomp
> 
> <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
> 
> Different protocols don't exist on the same port in the broker, each is 
> configured to its own port in the xml file as seen above.
> 
> Then connect using the correct uri via the c++ client
> tcp://172.18.117.126:61613?wireFormat=stomp&transport.useAsyncSend=false
> 
> j0llyr0g3r wrote:
>> Hi folks, 
>>
>> i get the above error message and i am absolutely clueless about what to
>> do.
>> I googled a lot, many hits deal with the same error message but with a
>> quite
>> different situation (in most cases the error occurs when the broker shuts
>> down)
>>
>> The situation:
>>
>> I got activemq running with one single, simple Broker:
>>
>> <beans>
>>
>>   <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this
>> configuration
>> file -->
>>   <bean
>> class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>
>>
>>   <broker brokerName="singleBroker" useJmx="true"
>> xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
>>
>>     <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX
>> -->
>>     <managementContext>
>>        <managementContext connectorPort="4444"
>> jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
>>     </managementContext>
>>
>>
>>     <!-- In ActiveMQ 4, you can setup destination policies -->
>>     <destinationPolicy>
>>       <policyMap><policyEntries>
>>
>>           <policyEntry topic="ice">
>>             <dispatchPolicy>
>>               <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
>>             </dispatchPolicy>
>>             <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
>>               <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy />
>>             </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
>>           </policyEntry>
>>
>>       </policyEntries></policyMap>
>>     </destinationPolicy>
>>
>>     <transportConnectors>
>>        <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
>> discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
>>     </transportConnectors>
>>
>>   </broker>
>> </beans>
>>
>> Now i have a simple Consumer and Producer based on activmq-cpp and the
>> example source-code they provide.
>>
>> Both consumer and producer work well but __only__ if i use openwire.
>>
>> If i start the consumer/ producer with a URL like:
>>
>> tcp://172.18.117.126:61618?wireFormat=openwire&transport.useAsyncSend=false
>>
>> everything is fine and i see that the consumer receives the messages sent
>> to
>> him by the producer.
>>
>> But if i alter the URL to use stomp as wireformat:
>>
>> tcp://172.18.117.126:61618?wireFormat=stomp&transport.useAsyncSend=false
>>
>> I get the following errors when i start the consumer:
>>
>> =====================================================
>> Starting the Demo-Consumer:
>> -----------------------------------------------------
>> Broker URI:
>> tcp://172.18.117.126:61618?wireFormat=stomp&transport.useAsyncSend=false
>> useTopic: true
>> WARNING: activemq::io::SocketInputStream::read - The connection is broken
>>         FILE: activemq/network/SocketInputStream.cpp, LINE: 147
>>         FILE: activemq/io/BufferedInputStream.cpp, LINE: 199
>>         FILE: activemq/io/BufferedInputStream.cpp, LINE: 83
>>         FILE: activemq/connector/stomp/StompCommandReader.cpp, LINE: 216
>>         FILE: activemq/connector/stomp/StompCommandReader.cpp, LINE: 120
>>         FILE: activemq/connector/stomp/StompCommandReader.cpp, LINE: 71
>>         FILE: activemq/transport/IOTransport.cpp, LINE: 175
>>  - tid: 3075550096
>> response from futureResponse was invalid
>>         FILE: activemq/transport/ResponseCorrelator.cpp, LINE: 145
>>         FILE: activemq/transport/ResponseCorrelator.cpp, LINE: 152
>>         FILE: activemq/connector/stomp/StompConnector.cpp, LINE: 256
>>         FILE: activemq/connector/stomp/StompConnector.cpp, LINE: 165
>>         FILE: activemq/core/ActiveMQConnectionFactory.cpp, LINE: 190
>>
>> These are the same error messages when i start up the producer:
>>
>> =====================================================
>> Starting the Demo-Producer:
>> -----------------------------------------------------
>> Broker URI:
>> tcp://172.18.117.126:61616?wireFormat=stomp&transport.useAsyncSend=true
>> useTopic: false
>> WARNING: activemq::io::SocketInputStream::read - The connection is broken
>>         FILE: activemq/network/SocketInputStream.cpp, LINE: 147
>>         FILE: activemq/io/BufferedInputStream.cpp, LINE: 199
>>         FILE: activemq/io/BufferedInputStream.cpp, LINE: 83
>>         FILE: activemq/connector/stomp/StompCommandReader.cpp, LINE: 216
>>         FILE: activemq/connector/stomp/StompCommandReader.cpp, LINE: 120
>>         FILE: activemq/connector/stomp/StompCommandReader.cpp, LINE: 71
>>         FILE: activemq/transport/IOTransport.cpp, LINE: 175
>>  - tid: 3075644304
>> response from futureResponse was invalid
>>         FILE: activemq/transport/ResponseCorrelator.cpp, LINE: 145
>>         FILE: activemq/transport/ResponseCorrelator.cpp, LINE: 152
>>         FILE: activemq/connector/stomp/StompConnector.cpp, LINE: 256
>>         FILE: activemq/connector/stomp/StompConnector.cpp, LINE: 165
>>         FILE: activemq/core/ActiveMQConnectionFactory.cpp, LINE: 190
>> -----------------------------------------------------
>> Finished with the demo ignore errors from this
>> point on as the sockets breaks when we shutdown.
>> =====================================================
>>
>> Meanwhile activemq prints out:
>>
>> ERROR TransportConnector             - Could not accept connection from
>> /172.18.103.79:55128: java.io.IOException: Wire format negociation
>> timeout:
>> peer did not send his wire format.
>> java.io.IOException: Wire format negociation timeout: peer did not send
>> his
>> wire format.
>>         at
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(WireFormatNegotiator.java:88)
>>         at
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:47)
>>         at
>> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.dispatch(TransportConnection.java:1138)
>>         at
>> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processDispatch(TransportConnection.java:805)
>>         at
>> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.start(TransportConnection.java:885)
>>         at
>> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector$1.onAccept(TransportConnector.java:148)
>>         at
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransportServer.run(TcpTransportServer.java:167)
>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>>
>> Especially this line is interesting:
>>
>> Wire format negociation timeout: peer did not send his wire format.
>>
>> But i do send the wireFormat, why do i keep getting that error?
>>
>> Thx for every help folks...
>>
>> P.S. 
>>
>> All software (activemq + activemq-cpp) is up-to-date, meaning the current
>> stable version. 
>>
>>   
> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/openwire-ok%2C-but-when-using-stomp-i-get%3A-Wire-format-negociation-timeout%3A-peer-did-not-send-his-wire-format.-tf4213918s2354.html#a12012765
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message