activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tom Samplonius <>
Subject Re: Messages getting "stuck" in network of brokers configuration, Kaha.
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 22:29:40 GMT

----- "eta" <> wrote:
> I decided to start restart both brokers & all clients.  After doing
> so, I'm
> now looking at my QueueSize in broker #1 and it's showing -1000
> messages!

  This sounds like a  known bug in ActiveMQ:  ActiveMQ is unable to determine the number of
messages in the persistence store upon startup, so all counters start at zero.  If you had
a 1000 messages in the store upon startup, and then consumed them, it is "normal" for ActiveMQ
to say the queue now has -1000 messages in it.

View raw message