activemq-users mailing list archives

From uma...@comcast.net
Subject Synchronous "Are you there?" using JMS
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:40:07 GMT

I have two entities on either side of a queue. Entity A needs to do a
synchronous "are you there?" on the queue and receive a response
synchronously from Entity B.

I thought I'd do this:
  - Define a Queue "Are you there" and dispatchAsync = false
  - create a session with CLIENT_ACK set
  - send "are you there" message to the queue

The receiver would acknowledge the message in the onMessage()
method.

However, I would like for the sender to time out if the ack is not received
within a specified time. I see no option to do this which is obvious.
How do I make sure that a synchronous send times out if the response
is not received within a specified interval?

Regards

/U