activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Urgent - please help
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 16:04:39 GMT
On 7/3/07, yunusbayraktar <yunusbayraktar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your quick reply. We still need the messages for the consumers
> that are not available at the moment. The consumers are display devices and
> they can go off momentarily and when they come back the messages that were
> sent for them needs to be displayed.
>
> We currently are using apache-activemq-5.0-20070702.220514-14.

What kind of expiry do you want? Timeout based on each message? How
are you deciding that its not working in 5.x BTW?

> Is there any plan for fixing the memory problem for the non-persistent
> expired messages when there is no consumer around ?

There's currently no explicit plan yet to implement eager eviction of
messages that have expired; but we welcome patches...
http://activemq.apache.org/contributing.html

FWIW in 5.0 you can enable spooling to disk, so that you never run out
of RAM however much non-persistent messages are hanging around.
Another alternative is a persistent queue

--
James
-------