activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about c++ client(DeliveryMode::PERSISTENT )
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:21:50 GMT
If you want your consumer (even a durable one) to receive the messages, it
would have to have been registered on the topic before the message was
sent.  At that point, you could kill your consumer and bring it back up and
it will get the messages it missed.

The way you have your application setup, what you'd need is a retroactive
consumer (http://activemq.apache.org/retroactive-consumer.html).  This will
allow your consumer to receive messages that were sent before it came
online.

Nate