activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to get started: how do I configure Tomcat to run ActiveMQ?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:54:17 GMT
On 7/19/07, Henk van Voorthuijsen <voorth@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> It all looks very sensible - however, all how-to's I encountered so far tell
> me how to configure a broker, or a receiver or a sender - but not together!
>
> So now the question becomes: how do I set up a sender and receiver so that
> they can actually communicate (using JNDI lookup if possible)?

Well you send messages to a queue using a JMS producer and consume
them from the same queue using a JMS consumer. There are examples of
each of these in the examples directory of ActiveMQ. They work right
out of the box if your run them like this:

1) In one terminal, start up ActiveMQ:

$ ./bin/activemq

2) In a second terminal, run the JMS producer:

$ cd <ACTIVEMQ-HOME>/examples
$ ant producer

3) In the second terminal, now run the JMS consumer:

$ ant consumer

This will demonstrate producing messages to a queue named TEST.FOO and
consuming messages from the same queue. This is how the producer and
the consumer communicate - via the queue.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/