activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to get started: how do I configure Tomcat to run ActiveMQ?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:24:20 GMT
On 7/9/07, Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru) <sukoneru@cisco.com> wrote:
> The approach which I used for starting active mq broker via Tomcat
> server is  as follows
>
> 1) Include the connection factory for starting the active mq broker in
> Tomcat/conf/context.xml as follows
>
>       <Resource
>                 name="jms/ConnectionFactory"
>                 auth="Container"
>                 type="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"
>                 description="JMS Connection Factory"
>                 factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
>
> brokerURL="vm://localhost?brokerConfig=xbean:activemq.xml"
>
>        />
> Make sure that activemq.xml should be present in the classpath of
> Tomcat.  You can also specify brokerConfig as
> brokerConfig=xbean:file:./activemq.xml.
>

> 3)The active mq jars should be placed under (Tomcat/common/lib) of
> Tomcat
>

> 4)The Queues/Topics can be defined under  Tomcat/conf/context.xml.
>       <Resource name="jms/TopicOne"
>                   auth="Container"
>                   type="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic"
>                   description="the topic against which the client back
> end will publish and server back end would subscribe"
>
> factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
>                   physicalName="FOO1.BAR"/>
>

>       <Resource name="jms/TopicTwo"
>                   auth="Container"
>                   type="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic"
>                   description="the topic against which the server back
> end will publish and client back end would subscribe"
>
> factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
>                   physicalName="FOO2.BAR"/>
>

> 5) The code for connecting to the broker is as follows
>
>         Ictx = new javax.naming.InitialContext();
>         envContext = (Context) Ictx.lookup("java:comp/env");
>                 TopicConnectionFactory  sampleconnectionFactory =
>
> (TopicConnectionFactoryenvContext.lookup("jms/ConnectionFactory");
>

> The broker is created and started when the first attempt to connect to
> the broker is made.
>
> Thanks,
> Suchitha.

This is great info for others in the community. It would really be
great if you could add more detail to the Tomcat page on the ActiveMQ
website:

http://activemq.apache.org/setting-up-activemq-with-tomcat-559.html

Just register for a wiki account here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/signup.action

And as soon as that is complete, you can start adding or editing pages
on the wiki.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/