activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Suchitha Koneru \(sukoneru\)" <sukon...@cisco.com>
Subject embedded broker exceptions
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 01:13:06 GMT
Hello Users,
              Iam trying to use an embedded broker . The  active mq
version  is 4.1.1(release version) . As per the documentation ,
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory implements
javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory.  I get a run time exception in this
regard . The exception is as follows

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory does not implement the
requested  interface javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory

The complete exception statck trace  and activemq.xml is attached.

The Tomcat version is 5.5.20 and Java is 1.6.

The code for starting the broker is
String Prov_URL =
"vm://localhost?brokerConfig=xbean:file:./../../activemq.xml" ;

connectionProperties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, Prov_URL);

connectionProperties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
MessagingConstants.ACTIVEMQ_FACTORY);

conContext = new InitialContext(connectionProperties);

TopicConnectionFactory Herbiefactory = null;

javax.jms.TopicConnection HerbieTopic=null ;

// lookup the connection factory

Herbiefactory =(ActiveMQConnectionFactory)
conContext.lookup("ConnectionFactory");  //exception is caused at this
line .

// create a new TopicConnection for subscribing and receiving events

HerbieTopic = Herbiefactory.createTopicConnection();

All the needed jars are placed in common/lib of Tomcat.

Please let me know, if Iam missing something

thank you,

Suchitha.