activemq-users mailing list archives

From Stanczak Group <jus...@stanczakgroup.com>
Subject JMS usage question
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:30:48 GMT
I seem to be confused at what type of client should uses JMS as a
communication platform. For example you have a Tomcat web server with a
custom application. Clients use their web browser to access that web
application. Does JMS fit in this same model? What I mean is can I use
JMS (ActiveMQ) as my Tomcat server? Some documents talk like it would
be, yet others seem to focus on internal communication between
applications. Like it's not designed for public client access like HTTP.
Can someone help me clear my confusion here? I guess what I'm looking
for is something like OpenFire that allows many clients to connect at
once. I'm building a rich client and need a good communication platform.

--
Justin Stanczak
Stanczak Group

Edmund Burke