activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tom Samplonius <...@samplonius.org>
Subject Re: Client Disconnection Bug?
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:23:24 GMT

----- "cronos" <vickers01@googlemail.com> wrote:
> It is expected AMQ 4.1.1 behaviour that the client MUST wait until a
> message
> arrives in the queue
> before disconnecting? Any help appreciated.

  The behavior you are seeing is expected.  You should not try to read another Stomp frame
if you don't want read another message.  But if you don't want to wait for a message, don't.

  If you simply want to see if there are any more messages, you should probably just use a
timeout, or do a test for data waiting on the socket.

  Now, I would expect there is some delay between the SUBSCRIBE, and for the first waiting
message to be sent to your socket, so I think a read with a timeout would best.  If you get
a timeout with no data, you should just send a DISCONNECT and close.

  You should use client-acked messages of course, because otherwise there is a window after
you get a timeout, and when you close the the socket, that a message could be sent to your
socket that you would just toss.  But with client-acked messages, the message would be re-delivered
on the next connection to broker.

Tom