activemq-users mailing list archives

From cronos <vicker...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Client Disconnection Bug?
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:13:38 GMT

The behavior you are seeing is expected.

Yes, all the evidence suggest that this is the case.

 You should not try to read another Stomp frame if you don't want read
another message.  But if you don't want to wait for a message, don't.

I am not trying to read another message, niether i am trying to wait for a
message. I just want to find
out if the queue has a message or not... that is the objective, nothing
else......

 If you simply want to see if there are any more messages, you should
probably just use a timeout, or do a test for data waiting on the socket.

We are using stomp php and readFrame() does not have timeout arguments. We
have already
concluded that the second suggestion is more feasible.

The behaviour we are seeing is that the stomp code stops at readFrame() and
just waits.... We have
tried to print_r any sort of message returned by readFrame() when there is
no message in the
queue. So, far nothing is printed. Hence, the next line DISCONNECT() is not
executed when there is no
message in the queue.

Does, nobody know whether readFrame() returns anything when there is no
message in the
the queue. If so what?