activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ladlestein <r...@acm.org>
Subject Java <-> Rails/ActiveMessaging/FreeBSD
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2007 05:10:28 GMT

Hi all -

I have a requirement for asynch messaging between a Java producer (Windows
or Linux, not sure which) and a Ruby/Rails/ActiveMessaging consumer, which
is on FreeBSD.  I expect to use Stomp.  I'm reporting what I've found so
far, and asking for advice.

I've created a prototype and have been working with it for a few days.  It
implements a single message queue, with the producer and broker on JDK 1.5
and the consumer on Rails1.2.3/ActiveMessaging, all on the same Windows XP
Pro instance.  Each time I run the Java app, it sends ten text messages to
the queue, then terminates.  On the Ruby side, I use the poller script that
comes with the ActiveMessaging code base, which just waits for a message,
prints it, and then goes back to waiting.  I'm consuming messages using
ActiveMessaging's stomp adapter.

Here's what I've encountered:

- with a 5.0-SNAPSHOT broker (from 7/19), I get pretty uniformly good
results, although I do see stack traces on the broker's console from time to
time.

- with a 4.1.1 broker, I've seen good results, except when I run the
producer while the consumer isn't running, and subsequently start the
consumer.  In that scenario, the consumer never prints anything about the
first message; it prints the next nine, though.  If the consumer is already
running when I run the consumer, it prints all ten.  I've tried using both
4.1.1 and 5.0-SNAPSHOT libraries on the producer and get the same result, as
long as I'm using the 4.1.1 broker.

I haven't started chasing down this strange bug yet, but I'd like to hear
any thoughts you might have.

I've also started trying to get things running on FreeBSD; I'm using FreeBSD
6.0-RELEASE, Diablo JDK 1.5.0_07-b01, and ActiveMQ 5.0-SNAPSHOT.  When I run
"mvn clean install", I get some failed tests, and some stack traces (which
might be fine).  I've attached a 
http://www.nabble.com/file/p11839828/install.log log from the run .  Here
some quick details;

The following tests fail:

MultiBrokersMultiClientsTest
TemporaryDestinationToFromNameTest
TaskRunnerTest
TwoMulticastDiscoveryBrokerTopicSendReceiveTest
MultipleTestsWithEmbeddedBrokerTest
TopicClusterTest
QueueSubscriptionTest
NetworkReconnectTest
ReconnectTest
MultiBrokersMultiClientsUsingTcpTest

The following tests give me stack traces:

ConnectionFailedException
FailoverUriTest
InactivityMonitorTest
JMSConsumerTest

I also get a "could not load class" error for each attempt the build makes
to generate HTML documentation.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on these errors.

Regards,

Larry Edelstein
Chris Richardson Consulting

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Java-%3C-%3E-Rails-ActiveMessaging-FreeBSD-tf4161251s2354.html#a11839828
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message