activemq-users mailing list archives

From cronos <vicker...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Client Disconnection Bug?
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 23:13:37 GMT

Please, can somebody in the activemq team shed some light on this issue. Does
it mean that
if you have 3,000 queues which receive messages infrequently, you have to
keep 3,000
tcp sockets open? Yes, i know there are inactivity timeouts, however for
some applications,
like ours, you do not want the timeout since thousands of clients are
started manually. We would like
some of our clients (in an infinite loop) to sleep (tcp socket closed) most
of the time and check for messages once or twice a day.