activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gnanaprakash <>
Subject Re: Memory usage always increasing
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:29:27 GMT

I am running an embedded ActiveMQ 4.1.1 on Jboss 4.0.3. I am doing a stress
test with the following configuration.

Threads - 6
Iterations per thread - 100000
Sleep time between iterations - 500 ms

Listener Thread - 1
Durable Topic consumer.

broker configuration:
memory limit set to 512 MB.

As the stress test is progresses, I can see the Memory percentage usage

I used Jprofiler to monitor the VM. I could see a number of ActiveMQ
Scheduler and ActiveMQ TCP Transport daemon threads lingering. And also when
I monitored the heap , maximum memory in heap was used by instances of
LinkedList and byte[](I think the messages themselves).

The LinkedList and byte[] references are not garbage collected and looks
like there is a memory leak.

The publisher after sending 130000 messages in 3 Hrs just hangs.