activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dave Syer <david_s...@hotmail.com>
Subject HSQLDB and Spring config?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:26:02 GMT

I can see here (http://activemq.apache.org/jdbc-support.html) that HSQLDB is
a "supported" platform, and I can see the HsqlJDBCAdapter class in my
classpath.  BUt I don't get how to configure AMQ to work with an HSQLDB
database.  I tried it and got an SQLException to do with invalid SQL
("SELECT ... FOR UPDATE" is illegal in HSQL apparently). n I had assumed
that this was the function of the HsqlJDBCAdapter - and if so I must be
configuring it wrong.  Anyone have an example that works (using Spring
config?).

Here's one that doesn't work (with AMQ 4.2-incubator-SNAPSHOT):

<bean id="brokerService" class="org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService"
init-method="start"
	destroy-method="stop">
	<property name="brokerName" value="broker" />
	<property name="transportConnectorURIs">
		<list>
			<value>vm://localhost</value>
		</list>
	</property>
	<property name="persistenceAdapter">
		<bean class="org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter">
			<property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
			<!-- I assume this is redundant because it should be autodetected? -->
			<property name="adapter">
				<bean class="org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.adapter.HsqldbJDBCAdapter"/>
			</property>
			<property name="createTablesOnStartup" value="true" />
		</bean>
	</property>
</bean>

I gave the BrokerService an id= but it doesn't have any dependents - it's
all a bit fuzzy in my mind.  Is that expected.