activemq-users mailing list archives

From brahn <br...@firstam.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:33:30 GMT

We had this problem as well.  We resolved it by sending a DISCONNECT command
before our stomp client quits.    If you don't send the DISCONNECT command,
the connections will continue to add up in ActiveMQ until it crashes with
the error you got.  This behavior seems to have started with ActiveMQ 4.1,
since we didn't have this problem with older versions.