activemq-users mailing list archives

From ksu <ksusw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Network of Brokers configuration limitation?
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:59:17 GMT

There is a message posted in the user forum back in early 2006 regarding the
limitation on the configuration of a network of brokers
(http://www.nabble.com/Network-of-Brokers-...-tf1117526s2354.html#a2921710).
The post suggests any topology involving cyclic graph may result in
duplicate messages been delivered.  Does this limitation still exist in 4.1x
/ 5.0x?

I am working with the latest 5.0 snapshot and I can't get duplicate message
to occur in a star configuration where every node is statically connected to
every other node in a 4 node broker network with ports 62001, 62002, 62003,
and 62004:

                  62002
                   / | \
                /    |    \
      62001 ----+----62003
                 \   |    /
                   \ | /
                  62004

e.g. Network connector def for 62003:
  <networkConnector
uri="static:(tcp://localhost:62001,tcp://localhost:62002,tcp://localhost:62004)"/>

If anyone know if this configuration may cause (rare?) problem with message
duplication in 4.1x / 5.0x, please let me know.

P.S.:  One problem I noted, as described in a separate post to this forum
earlier, is if any of the 4 nodes dies, it may cause
javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException exception in the reminding nodes when it
try to come back online.  The way to reliably stabilize the system whenever
this happens is to terminate and restart all nodes in the broker network.