activemq-users mailing list archives

From Francois Guillemette <francois.guilleme...@trilliantnetworks.com>
Subject Re: Consumer hang after broker restart
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:50:23 GMT

I have redo this test with revision 555644 (ActiveMq 5.0 Snapshot), it still
doesn't work when I set a prefetch value. Without a prefetch value, it
behave correctly.

I have do an another test that seem to expose a bug when setting a prefetch
with slow consumer.
1- I started a broker.
2- I started 2 slow consumer on 2 other jvm (queue prefetch set to 1, 5
seconds between each message, failover:(tcp://localhost:61616)).
3- I started 1 producer (40 msgs-persistent on queue TEST.FOO)
4- I waited for all the message to be consumed (here everithing is fine).
5- I started an other producer (40 msgs-persistent on queue TEST.FOO)
6- No consumers eat... but with the JMX console I can see the 40 msgsin the
queue, and I see that 2 consumers are connected.
7- If I stop the connection with JMX, the consumer reconnect and begin to
eat.

But if I don't set the prefetch value, everything is working correctly.