activemq-users mailing list archives

From yunusbayraktar <yunusbayrak...@gmail.com>
Subject Urgent - please help
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 11:12:00 GMT

Hi James,

We have a list of clients and for each client we create a separate
queue(some of them are persistent, some of them are not) dynamically. The
number of clients can be up to 750. We preferred this way because we assumed
that this may be faster than a single queue with Message Selector pattern.

We are satisfied with the process time but the memory consumption is
constantly increasing even though we use TTL(=5 sec) for our messages when
there is no consumer. As soon as the consumers are at work the memory
consumtion starts to fall down. We concluded that if there is no consumer
for an expired message, it is not removed from the memory. I read that this
was one of the fixes in Snaphot-5.0.

Thanks,

Yunus