activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ and REST
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:00:10 GMT
On 6/28/07, Sandeep Chayapathi <> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  Recently I started trying out accessing messages via the REST protocol. I
> have successfully setup a network transport for http on port 8080 and I can
> see the jetty webserver responding to queries.
>  However I have hit a roadblock with accessing the messages itself. The
> REST  documentation is very
> sparse and most of the posts in the user forum isn't encouraging either.

Fancy helping to fix up the documentation? :)

Have you tried this page

and tried working with the web demos?

(They come included in the 5.x build btw, just boot up the broker and
look at http://localhost/demos/)

>  Using the script given below, all I get is the following xml response:
> ------
> <org.apache.activemq.command.BrokerInfo>

That looks like you are accessing the http-transport (used to tunnel
an ActiveMQ JMS client over HTTP) rather than the REST API

> 1. has anyone successfully used the REST api, if so how ?
> 2. any links to a working code (other than using the AjaxServlet) ?

try the samples.

Note I'm sure we could improve the REST API somewhat to make it easier
for folks to use - plus we could use some better documentation;
contributions always welcome...

View raw message