activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 'idle in transaction' open connection problems
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:03:02 GMT
On 6/26/07, AlexB <baocean@gmail.com> wrote:

> We found that activemq with postgresql persistance backend opens a
> connection, starts a transaction and waits forever. Due to this reason
> (extremely long lasting transaction ) all our 'vacuuming DB' fail.

Can't you exclude the ActiveMQ lock table?

> Therefore
> all DB on that postgresql server became very slow.

Does a transaction thats doing nothing but holding a lock really slow
down postgresql? Crikey I thought it was meant to be quite good.

> Does anyone know how to force activemq to open transaction only when it's
> needed  or at least to restart that 'idle in transaction' after some time of
> inactivity?

Either disable completely the JDBC master/slave feature,
http://activemq.apache.org/maven/activemq-core/xsddoc/http___activemq.org_config_1.0/element/journaledJDBC.html

<journaledJDBC useDatabaseLock="false" .../>

figure out how to configure postgresql not to suck or move the lock
table to another physical database

--
James
-------