activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HP ServiceGuard & ActiveMQ failover
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:56:53 GMT
On 6/15/07, Aymeric Alibert <aymericnews@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody has experience using HP ServiceGuard package failover to provide
> HA?

Afraid not.

> I would like to use it instead of a Master/Slave configuration.
> It seems to me that both configuration should be roughlty equivalent (with
> Master/Slave probably being faster to failover).
>
> Any remark/advice on that configuration?

I don't know the HP product well but from a glance at their site it
looks like its mostly a HA storage system right? If thats the case you
could use the shared file based master/slave (and let the ActiveMQ
clients do their automatic failover from master to slave).

http://activemq.apache.org/shared-file-system-master-slave.html

--
James
-------