activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disabling System.err logging
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:47:30 GMT
On 6/13/07, Elliotte Harold <erharold@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/13/07, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 6/13/07, Elliotte Harold <erharold@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'm starting a JMS application using test first development, as is my
> > habit.
> >
> > > 1. How do I turn this off (short of redirecting System.err to /dev/null,
> > > which I can do if I have to)
> >
> > You can disable it via adding this to the conf/log4j.properties file
> > to disable all INFO level logging for activemq...
> >
> > log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq=WARN
>

> Where should I put that relative to my project's classpath? I've added the
> activemq jar and other jars I seem to need to my lib directory. Where does
> conf/log4j.properties go?

Sorry - I thought you were running the activemq script to boot up the broker.

If you are inside your own project, add a directory to the classpath
and put log4j.properties in there (taking the one from
activemq/conf/log4j.properties from the binary distro). Or if you are
in a WAR pop it in WEB-INF/classes

> Also, I've only added commons-logging-1.2.1.jar to my classpath. I have not
> added log4j yet, so is this really accurate? Something's logging, but I'm
> not sure it's log4j.

Its gonna be easier to add log4j. If not you need to muck with the
commons-logging system properties...
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/commons-logging-1.1/guide.html#Configuration

--
James