activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Master/Slave on Weblogic
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:07:24 GMT
On 6/11/07, eta <eric@ultracode.com> wrote:

> I've been messing with the JDBC database locker code recently, and yes, it
> will work as you described.  The default database locker service start()
> method will not return until it has acquired the lock, indicating that it is
> the master broker.
>
> I'm not sure what the recommended way around this would be, but what I would
> do would be to run the BrokerService.start() method in a separate thread
> from my servlet init() or service() methods.  This will at least allow the
> servlet to fully deploy even though the broker has not yet fully initialized
> because it is a slave.

Eric's exactly right; currnently the starting of a broker in
master/slave is synchronous which would block the calling thread (such
as a web app or Spring configuration) until it becomes the master.

We need a way to allow the starting of the broker to be asynchronous
to avoid blocking the calling thread. I've created a JIRA for this

In the mean time; another work around is to run the broker as a
separate deployment unit in your server (e.g. in a separate web app)

--
James
-------