activemq-users mailing list archives

From Phil Goodwin <pgood...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: Performance tests?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:09:17 GMT
On 6/11/07 5:15 AM, "James Strachan" <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/9/07, Phil Goodwin <pgoodwin@linkedin.com> wrote:
>> Is activemq-perftest still valid as a performance test? Is Jmeter still
>> supported?
>
> Its a little crufty now. A better approach is to use the maven plugin
> for performance testing ActiveMQ...

Ok, good, that's what I ended up using.

I was unable to get a clean Maven build from the 4.1.1 sources for either
the base build or the performance testing without changing the POMs. Is that
a known issue, or something that other people don't run into?

Also, what are the units of measure used in the results? I'm getting a
throughput of 6000+ something, for instance, but I don't know what that is
or how to use it to estimate real-world performance.

Thanks,

Phil