activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Basic Spring+AMQ+XBean+embededbroker problem
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:02:44 GMT
Ok, well I'm officially stumped, but I can't get a basic Spring+AMQ
4.1.1+XBeans with embedded broker test harness to work using the
configuration outlined here:

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-
connection.html

I get a ClassNotFoundException (see [1]).  Now, _obviously_ I'm
missing something in the class path, but I cannot work out what is
missing.  I looked at the AMQ pom.xml to see if something jumped out,
but I can't work it out.   I'm familiar with Maven and Spring
recently getting on board the bandwagon, but definitely no expert, so
I'm sure this is related to that.

My test harness has these dependencies in it's pom:

   <dependencies>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
       <artifactId>activemq-core</artifactId>
       <version>4.1.1</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
       <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
       <version>2.0.5</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.xbean</groupId>
       <artifactId>xbean-spring-v2</artifactId>
       <version>2.8</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>junit</groupId>
       <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
       <version>3.8.2</version>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>

To maximize my chances of help, I've even created a simple mavenized
test project to demonstrate:

http://people.apache.org/~psmith/activemqspringtestbed.tar.gz

What am I missing?  I'm fully prepared to be slapped in the face with
the obvious.

[1] Exception

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource
[config.xml]; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class
[org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanNamespaceHandler]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create namespace handler
for: v2c
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException:
Could not instantiate bean class
[org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanNamespaceHandler]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create namespace handler
for: v2c
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create
namespace handler for: v2c
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanV2Helper.createNamespaceHandler(
XBeanV2Helper.java:48)
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2c.XBeanNamespaceHandler
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanV2Helper.createNamespaceHandler(
XBeanV2Helper.java:45)
	... 46 more