activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Suchitha Koneru \(sukoneru\)" <sukon...@cisco.com>
Subject access to embedded broker
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:44:49 GMT
Hello Active Mq users ,
                   Can an external  java process get access to an
embedded broker ? In our application we  have
Tomcat server with two Web apps , Web App A and Web app  B.   These two
web apps exchange messages via the embedded broker.

 Is the  embedded broker confined only to the JVM in which it is started
?? in our case the embedded broker is started within the JVM of
Tomcat.Can an external java process connect to the embedded broker and
sent messages to these two web apps ? This process is entirely in a
different JVM .

Please let me know,  Based on your response I will have to decide if I
have use  an embedded broker with "VM" transport or an external broker
with "TCP" transport.

thank you so much,
Suchitha.