activemq-users mailing list archives

From Manuel Teira <mte...@tid.es>
Subject Re: JMX Console and deleted messages
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:57:49 GMT
James Strachan escribió:
> On 6/25/07, Manuel Teira <mteira@tid.es> wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I've found that the JMX exposed operation browseAsTable() for a Queue
>> MBean, is giving me access to already delivered and deleted messages of
>> the queue. I wonder if this is a bug, since those messages should be
>> stored somewere, producing undesired memory consumption.
>>
>> I'm using amq 4.2-SNAPSHOT, with an Oracle backend and no journal. The
>> ACTIVEMQ_MSGS have zero entries, but I'm able to browse the already
>> delivered messages (the Queue attribute QueueSize is zero).
>>
>> Is this a bug, or the expected behaviour?
>
> Are you sure the messages are persistent?
What do you mean? Browsing the messages with the browseAsTable JMX
operation says:

JMSDeliveryMode: PERSISTENT

So, yes, the message is persistent, but I'm consuming it, so, it is
deleted from the database, but I'm still able to access it using the JMX
console.

The message was already consumed, and the database backend coherently
shows zero messages:

SQL> select count(*) from activemq_msgs;

  COUNT(*)
         0

Best regards.