activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gaurav Hariani <gau...@blackspark.com>
Subject Re: How to send file using ActiveMQ
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:19:11 GMT
We have a similar need and after trying a number of approaches we
settled on the following approach:

The producer creates a file in a directory where it can be served by a
webserver e.g. ~gaurav/public_html/large_messages/xyzABC123.zip
Then the producer sends the URL of this file as a text message
http://server/~gaurav/public_html/large_messages/xyzABC123.zip
Consumers read the message and retrieve the file using the contained URL.
After a specified interval the producer cleans up the files it has
produced (you could change this policy depending on your specific needs)