activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gaurav Hariani <g.activ...@blackspark.com>
Subject Re: Mail queue
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:50:34 GMT
I would approach this using persistent messages.

Your webapp creates a persistent message adds the time (as a property
maybe) at which the message should be sent as email and puts it on a queue.

Another application can regularly poll the queue for messages that are
ready to be emailed.

That way if the webapp, the application that does the mailing or the
broker dies and comes back up, the messages are not lost.

Gaurav