activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Terpilowski <rter...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ClassCastException w/ tomcat & JND
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:24:23 GMT
Thanks James,
indeed this was the problem.  I previously had the jms.jar included in my app's .war file,
but I thought that it might have been causing the issue so I took it out yesterday, but the
problem was still occuring.  Lo and behold I did a search of my tomcat directories and I found
the jms.jar cached in that application's work directory (even though it was no longer in the
.war).  I blew it away, bounced tomcat and all is good now.

Thanks for your help,
-Rob

----- Original Message ----
From: James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com>
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:34:56 PM
Subject: Re: ClassCastException w/ tomcat & JND

Sounds like you've multiple jms API jars causing the
ClassCastException (ActiveMQConnectionFactory definitely is-a
ConnectionFactory :)

On 6/15/07, Rob Terpilowski <rterp99@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello active mq users ,
> I am running into the following issue that was posted on the mailing list in January,
but for which no
> response was posted.
>
> I have the following configuration on my system
>
> tomcat 5.5
>
> java 1.5.09
>
> activemq jars version 4.1.1
>
> The active MQ broker is started  , from the application .
>
> the code for it is
>
> public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent arg0) {
>
> try{
>
> System.out.println("Starting ActiveMQ Broker Service...");
>
> broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616?trace=true");
>
> broker.start();
>
> System.out.println("Active MQ Broker Started at local host port 61616");
>
> }catch(Exception e){
>
> System.err.println(e.getMessage());
>
> e.printStackTrace();
>
> throw new RuntimeException(e);
>
> }
>
> }
>

> In server.xml , I placed the JNDI resources as follows
> <GlobalNamingResources>
>
> <Resource name="jms/TopicConnectionFactory"
>
> auth="Container"
>
> type="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"
>
> description="JMS Connection Factory"
>
> factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
>
> brokerURL="tcp://localhost:61716"
>
> brokerName="LocalActiveMQBroker"/>
>
> <Resource name="jms/Topic"
>
> auth="Container"
>
> type="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic"
>
> description="sample Topic"
>
> factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
>
> physicalName="FOO.BAR"/>
>
> </GlobalNamingResources>
>
> I have a web app called UI , I am trying to access these global jndi
> recources from this web app, Hence the context.xml for this web app has
> the following
>
> <Context reloadable="true">
>
> <ResourceLink
> name="ConnectionFactory"global="jms/TopicConnectionFactory" type=
> "org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory" />
>
> <ResourceLink name="PNMTopic" global="jms/Topic" type=
> "org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic" />
>
> </Context>
>
> The subsciber class in the UI context is as follows
>
> public class PNMSubscriber {
>
> TopicConnection tConn ;
>
> TopicConnectionFactory tFactory ;
>
> Topic pnmTopic;
>
> ActiveMQTopicSession pnmSession ;
>
> public PNMSubscriber(){
>
> try{
>
> InitialContext initialContext = new InitialContext();
>
> Context envContext = (Context) initialContext.lookup("java:comp/env");
>
> tFactory
> =(TopicConnectionFactory)envContext.lookup("ConnectionFactory");
>
> tConn = tFactory.createTopicConnection();
>
> pnmSession = (ActiveMQTopicSession) tConn.createTopicSession(true,
> Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>
> pnmTopic = (Topic)envContext.lookup("PNMTopic");

> [...]

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos &
more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC