activemq-users mailing list archives

From olivier.ren...@cantor.fr
Subject Re: making ExceptionListener#onException behave based on Exception type
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:31:14 GMT
Selon Timothy Bish <tabish@twcny.rr.com>:

> olivier.renaud@cantor.fr wrote:
> > Timothy Bish <tabish@twcny.rr.com>:
> >

> >> Have you tried casting the CMSException to the various types that you
> >> want to handle?
> >>

> > You mean, using a dynamic_cast ? dynamic_cast needs RTTI too, I think, so
> the
> > problem is the same than using typeid.
> >

> Not sure what your trepidation is in using RTTI, AMQCPP wouldn't be able
> to work without it, its a pretty standard tool set in C++ at this
> point.  I don't know what to tell you if you can't use RTTI.

The worry about rtti is a compatibility problem : as our whole project is not
compiled with rtti, and as I thought it could lead to binary compatibility
problem, I wanted to avoid it. But it's true that ActiveMQ-CPP (which uses it)
and my code (which does not) work together without problem, so it may be safe.

Thanks for your responses.