activemq-users mailing list archives

From Nicky Sandhu <nickysan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to have a highly available and scalable setup using network of brokers?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:35:41 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> It'd be interesting to see what kinds of throughput, RAM & CPU usage
> you get in your environment; you might find a single broker can easily
> handle that load on a decent 2-4 way blade etc

 Wanted to make sure I have options before painting myself into a corner.
Simple is what we will start with :)

James.Strachan wrote:

> This is slightly different from the 'pick the broker with the least
> traffic for all my messaging load' as you can instead do the load
> balancing at a more finely grained level; at each destination rather
> than connection.

 OK, so as long as we are dreaming, I'll push the envelope even further.
Does this open the door to using some kind of broker load monitoring service
and using the load information to dynamically change which broker a "jedi"
client would produce its next batch of messages to or consume from ?

 So in other words instead of making the decision of which broker to choose
for which destination in configuration it would be a self adjusting system
which chooses the broker for the next batch of messages to produce/consume
based on some load metrics collected from the brokers.

 Ofcourse, I don't have a clue to what this would do when mixed in with the
fact that there is an overhead of moving the message between brokers when
clients hop around dynamically.