activemq-users mailing list archives

From Aymeric Alibert <aymericn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HP ServiceGuard & ActiveMQ failover
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:48:54 GMT

Basically you run your application on a virtual host. If the host fails, the
virtual host is brought down and restarted on a different hardware. Since
it's HA, all information from the filesystem are preserved and the new host
assumes the role of the old one (same ip, ...).

It seems to me that it's roughtly equivalent to Master/Slave. Just easier in
our case to configure as we do it for several other apps already.

Thanks,

Aymeric.