activemq-users mailing list archives

From acooper <ACoo...@Kronos.com>
Subject ActiveMQ on JBoss -> null system property??
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:54:53 GMT

We're trying to use ActiveMQ (4.2-SNAPSHOT 06/07/07) on JBoss 4.0.4 and are
running into an interesting problem - somehow ActiveMQ is managing to set a
null system property. Null system properties are disallowed in Java. The
property in question is org.apache.activemq.kaha.Store and is set in the
following code snippet in org/apache/activemq/kaha/impl/KahaStore.java:

static synchronized private Set<String> getVmLockSet(){
        if(lockSet==null){
            Properties properties=System.getProperties();
            synchronized(properties){
                lockSet=(Set<String>)
properties.get("org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.KahaStore");
                if(lockSet==null){
                    lockSet=new HashSet<String>();
                }
                properties.put(PROPERTY_PREFIX,lockSet);
            }
        }
        return lockSet;
    }

On the face of it, I can't see anything wrong with this, except that when we
start ActiveMQ it winds up putting a null into system properties. Now, we've
got another application that reads system properties and *assumes* that they
can't be null and blows up because of this.

Has anyone else seen this null property or have any idea why this is
occurring?